Eliminating Conflict Minerals (Conflict Metal)
EICC (Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition) Commitment and the Elimination of Ores Originated in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) and Neighboring Regions
Senju Metal Industry Co., Ltd. and its related companies (Senju Metal Group) fully support the vision and goals of the EICC (*1) and are committed to fulfilling the following responsibilities:
1. Senju Metal Group recognizes and respects the standards outlined by the EICC code of conducts.
2. To comply with the EICC statement (*2) and completely eliminate the use of conflict minerals, Senju Metal Group confirmed with all of its tin (Sn) base metal sourcing companies and its smelters in writing that their minerals are conflict-free.
3. In addition to obtaining a written certification, Senju Metal Group conducted on-site audits of tin (Sn) sourcing companies and smelters.
4. As a result, it was verified that none of raw materials used by Senju Metal Group for its products have originated in the DRC and its surrounding conflict regions.
5. If raw materials were ever found to be originated in the DRC or its surrounding conflict regions, Senju Metal Group will immediately discontinue the purchase.
6. Senju Metal Group accepts the independent third-party audit designated by EICC.
7. Senju Metal Group will provide the names of the above tin (Sn) base metal smelters to EICC.
8. Senju Metal Group will provide information on the traceability of tin (Sn) base metal to EICC.
Senju Metal Industry Co., Ltd.
CSR Office General Manager